You’ve probably seen #earthday everywhere today. Awareness is great—but action is hard. So instead of offering lofty goals for saving the earth, we’re here to give you 5 reasons why Huckle & Goose can help you become more green.
1. You’ll use less plastic. We’re all about getting out and meeting your farmer, tote bags in tow. When you forgo stores and services that package food in plastic bags, containers, and boxes you’ll be amazed at how much less you’re throwing out.
2. You’ll be buying organic local food which is better for the environment. Kale and tomatoes aren’t shipped from hundreds of miles away or sprayed with pesticides. When you know your farmer, you can ask questions about how veggies were grown and when they were picked.
3. You’ll eat a more plant-based diet. We’re omnivores here at H&G, but the more veggies and grains we eat, the less we crave meat. Stick with our super good vegetarian and vegan recipes and you’ll see why. Once you start eating this way your palate naturally craves what is nourishing. Livestock omit a tremendous amount of methane, so the less we eat, the better.
4. Making dinner a routine means you’ll raise the next generation to not only appreciate where their food comes from but to know that someone worked extra hard to grow it. Kids love going to the farmers’ market and picking their own veggies. They’ll be more excited about eating them if they help with prep too—you won’t even have to sneak in that broccoli.
5. We’ve all heard the phrase “when you fail to plan you plan to fail.” Planning your meals is tedious and overwhelming—let us do that. This prevents impulse buying at the market or store and ultimately means less food is wasted (the worst culprit in our landfills today).