It doesn’t get any better than slow cooker meals that don’t require any searing or sautéing before hand. Plus the only other thing you add is some taco spices, a little onion, and garlic. The chicken comes out insanely tender with the perfect amount of spice, just like the taquerias. No fuss, just tacos.
* 2 lb boneless chicken thighs
* ½ yellow onion, chopped
* 5 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tbsp taco seasoning
* sea salt
* 8 corn tortillas
* ¼ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, for serving
* ½ red onion, small, finely diced, for serving
* 1 avocado, sliced
* hot sauce, optional for serving
- Add the chicken, onions, and garlic to the slow cooker. Season with the taco seasoning and sprinkle a few pinches of salt.
- Cover with the lid and set the timer for 6 hours on low heat.
- Check the meat it should be completely tender and shred easily at this point. Use two forks and shred all the chicken.
- Serve with corn tortillas, cilantro, avocado, and chopped red onion. Hot sauce is always a great option too.